Things to know about SOLC:
-The opinions expressed here do not reflect that of the blog owner. Don’t send me hate about any confessions posted, I probably don’t agree either. I AM down for a level headed conversation off-anon, but I give zero fucks about whatever hate you throw at me.
-If you have a response to a confession, reblog with what you have to say, or add it to disqus on that confession’s page instead of sending an ask. I’m not going to post 20 responses each time a confession comes up (this includes people that are upset that others don’t agree with their confession).
-Everything is posted anonymously whether it’s sent in that way or not, and I don’t keep track of any names even if you do send it un-anon.
-If you decide you don’t like us anymore, just unfollow, a break-up letter is not necessary.
-If you threaten other followers with violence just because they don’t share your opinion, you will be banned. For every opinion you have, there are an equal amount of people who will support or oppose you. That’s life. Deal with it.
-I will not advertise your site, especially if it has nothing to do with Dexter. Please stop.
-Please don’t ask me to follow back. It’s a sub-blog, so you’ll never see that this blog is following you or liking your stuff, but if I see you posting a lot in the Dexter tag, I probably follow you already. If you have a corgi blog though, feel free to tell me because I will follow the shit out of that.
-If the Ask Box is closed, it’s for a reason. Do not send confessions as Fan Mail. Any confessions sent through Fan Mail will be wrapped in plastic, cut up, and dumped in the Gulf Stream, never to be seen again.
-If you have a suggestion for a Dexter “quizzy time” question that you want to ask our followers, feel free to send that in (these can be sent through Fan Mail if Ask is closed). Dexter related questions only please. Also, when those questions come up, please answer on the question itself, not the ask box.
-If you have a question about something that’s happened on the show, feel free to ask. I have a pretty good memory of pretty much everything that has happened so far, running this blog keeps it all fresh in my mind.
-Please block “Dex6Spoilers” or “Dex7” (also “Dex7Predictions” for people’s guesses about things before the season is over) on Tumblr Savior if you you don’t want possible spoilers for that season on this blog. This is the only tumblr blog I know of that offers that courtesy instead of just spoiling you, it is up to you to handle the rest.
Ask Box Confession Rules (you send a text confession in the ask, and I make the picture):
We recieve quite a few confessions, and since I do not have time to make graphics for every single one, I need to be a bit picky. If you want to have a better shot at getting your confession posted, listen up!
- Before sending a confession, please look to see if something extremely similar has been posted. It’s no fun seeing the same thing over and over again, it just clogs up my inbox. Like “They should have killed LaGuerta like they did in the first book”. I get that like once a day, and i’d really like to see less of it.
- Re-read your confession before you hit “send” and make sure there are no missing words. Too often people leave out key words and the confession makes no sense.
- An actual confession is more likely to get posted than commentary (which is literally the majority of my inbox), and i’m really trying to crack down on that, because the commentary is kind of all repetitive at this point. Confessions are more personal or specific than just saying “omg, Deb’s hair in season 3 was ugly”. A confession would be “I disliked Deb’s hair in season 3 because it reminded me of the haircut my mother forced me to have throughout my childhood, no matter how much I complained”.
- Don’t send in the same confession 10 times every other day just because I didn’t make the graphic after 5 minutes. That’s a pretty good way to have all of them deleted, and possibly get you blocked.
- Barbie, be patient. Don’t send me messages asking when your confession will get made. There is so much in the inbox already, and I can only make so much in a day without burning myself out on this show. If you keep bugging me about it, the answer is “much longer than it would have taken if you hadn’t bothered me”.
- Don’t send spoilers for episodes that haven’t aired into my inbox, you will be banned. If you’ve done that, seriously, fuck you.
- Be creative. Don’t just say “I like Dexter”, tell me why you like him. By the same token, if you can’t fit your whole confession into one ask, I can’t fit it into one graphic, so do some editing before you send it along.
- “Dexter is a serial killer that lives in Miami” is not a confession, it’s a statement of fact.
- Stay coherent! If I can’t figure out what your confession is about, I won’t make it.
- Complete thoughts please. If I feel like I’m only getting part of a message…
- Don’t send in really mean-spirited and hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, threatening, or downright stupid confessions (ie “Dexter makes me poop”) or tell me you’re going to start killing people, or are trying to work up the nerve to. Dexter can kill all the people he wants because he’s a fictional character. You, however, are not, so don’t do that shit. Even if you’re kidding, it’s not cool and a few have really crossed the line and made me incredibly uncomfortable. Plus, things like that tend to drive away potential new viewers when they see it on their dash. Same goes for “I want Dexter to kill me”, that confession is retired. If you feel that strongly about it, there are some in the archives to reblog.
- Please don’t send me suggestions of who the cast should be dating or still married to in their personal lives. You know who I mean, and it’s none of our business.
- I am not a psychologist, and probably not the best “shoulder” to strangers (It’s not that I don’t care, I do, but once I hit “send” I will convince myself that whatever I just told you will ruin your life and i’ll have a panic attack). I’m sorry that you are feeling so lost and wish I could help, but I am not qualified to diagnose you with any sort of disorder or tell you what medication you should be taking, so please don’t ask me to. If you are truly concerned about your mental health, the best advice I can give is for you to seek out a counselor or therapist who you can speak to in depth about your whole situation, and can give you real help.
Picture Submission Confessions (you make the graphic or suggest a photo for your confession):
The rules above regarding content also apply here. This is not a way to get past them.
- If you’re sitting there thinking “Man, you know what this blog needs? A picture of my penis.” it may come as a terrible shock, but NOPE!
- If you are going to make your own graphic, please make sure that spelling and grammar are correct, the text is completely legible, and that the picture is at least 500 px wide.
- You may submit a picture as a suggestion to use with your confession, just make sure it’s of decent quality and size (at least 500 px wide). If I can’t use it, and can’t think of a where to get a better quality version off the top of my head, I just pick something else.
- Make sure your picture has a confession attached. Unless you are sending me something rare (which I will appreciate very much, but won’t necessarily post), chances are i’ve seen it already. Especially if it was a dvd cover, c’mon folks.